The municipality of Búger belongs to Inca’s judicial body. It is located in the district of Es Raiguer and is bounded by Campanet to the northwest, by Selva to the west, by Inca to the southwest and by Sa Pobla to the east.
It is located around some hills (80-150 m high), which are surrounded by an alluvial plain to the west, to the south and to the east.This is where the small ravine of Can Llobina and the big ravine of Massanella flow. The latter is an affluent of the Torrent Gros or Torrent de Sant Miquel.
The name “Búger” has Muslim origins. During the Islamic domination, this place was a small hamlet called “Bujar de Rahal Algebel”, which belonged to the district of Inkan.
During the Roman domination, this hamlet was favoured by its proximity to the route between
Palma and Pollentia. Its water resources allowed the construction of water mills as well as the cultivation of its lands.
After the conquest of Mallorca in the 13th century, this territory found itself under royal jurisdiction. It belonged to the municipality of Campanet. Finally, once the Spanish Constitution was approved in 1823, Búger became independent.
Information of Interest
LINK OF BÚGER TOWN COUNCIL
Official reserve accommodation
Book online hotel, apartments, serviced apartments, hostels, cottages, villas and boutique hotels in Mallorca (Balearic Islands). Tour to travel to Mallorca on holiday or business trips.
Mallorca Hotel Business Federation - NIF V07221435 - Aragón 215 3ª planta - (07008) Palma de Mallorca - Illes Balears - Spain.
Recorded in the Executive Office Deposit Statute of Professional Associations of the Balearic Islands, dated September 1977.